Stress! We all deal with it – in one form or another – in varying degrees. But what is stress? Scientifically “stress” can be explained as a nervous system response that is built into all of us. Everyone faces various circumstance through life that can cause stress, but unfortunately many of us create our own stress. For example, researchers conclude that 1 out of 2 people MUST check their email or social media before going to bed, and many of those same people wake up in the middle of the night to check it. That’s what I would call “electronic intrusion”. Someone once said, “electronics are a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.” I agree!
So how can we deal with stress? Maybe we can’t fully eliminate it, but perhaps we can better equip ourselves to handle it, or even minimize the effects it has on us mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Consider these tips…
10 Essentials to Having a Stress Free/Peaceful Life…
– A few slow deep breaths when feeling stress can be very helpful, and will lower your heart rate.
Drink Plenty of Water
– Some experts recommend drinking at least half your body weight in ounces each day.
– Get the proper amount of uninterrupted sleep for you, we’re all different.
– A balanced diet is important, give your body the best chance at being healthy.
– Have fun, lighten up, laugh, enjoy life, get out once in awhile.
Give & Receive Love
– We all need love and we all have love to give, it’s who we are.
– Holding unforgiveness is like drinking poison and expecting it to hurt the other person.
– “The seeds of depression cannot take root in a grateful heart.” – Andy Andrews
“Grant me serenity to accept what I cannot change, courage to change things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”
Develop a Relationship with God
– Spiritually healthy people are happy people.