Our company is guided by the following mission statement…
“James CRAFT & Son, Inc. is a family owned and managed company with a proud heritage, whose mission is to be the leading provider of superior mechanical systems and services, through quality CRAFTsmanship, committed customer service and professional solutions.”
…but what exactly is behind this conglomerate of words? In this blog we break it all down for further explanation and clarity.
- Family owned and managed company – in other words “we work here too”! This has been a foundational core value of ours since the beginning. Basically we (the Craft family) are the owners and day to day managers of the company. We are NOT a group of investors who happen to own a mechanical construction firm as part of our portfolio of companies. On the contrary we are here every day, rolling up our sleeves, digging in and making it happen right alongside all other employees. And we operate with “an open door policy”, meaning we are always available for questions, direction, advice and guidance.
- A proud heritage – sure we’re proud of our past, our founders, our ancestors and our history. Who wouldn’t be? Do we have a perfect past? Of course not! But one thing we like to say is, “just keep making NEW mistakes.” In other words, when blunders happen or we goof up, we make it right and we learn from it. We don’t want our 117 years of experience to be the same year repeated 117 times. We welcome each year’s new challenges, and strive for personal and organizational growth in how we meet those challenges.
- The leading provider of superior mechanical systems and services – are we leading the way? We say YES! But leading doesn’t have to mean we’re the biggest in terms of sales or employees or trucks on the road. What’s most important to us is leading in terms of customer satisfaction – that we deliver the solutions which best fit the application, the need, the schedule, and the budget.
- Through quality CRAFTsmanship – this has literally become “the CRAFT way”…our slogan…our mantra…our MO. From the seasoned foremen, superintendents and managers leading our projects, to the entry level laborers and apprentices, our people provide QUALITY on every project, big or small. It has become part of our thinking, part of our “fabric”, and certainly part of our company culture.
- Through committed customer service – very simply put, we wish to deliver value to the customer in a way that makes them want to do business with us again. From the first phone call to the final billing, we want the customer’s experience to be one they brag about. And our people take pride in making that happen each and every day! To us it’s not just a job…it’s a mindset, it’s what makes us tick, it’s our life and our company culture, and we take great pride in that.
- Through professional solutions – this is accomplished not only in the mechanical systems we install, maintain and service for customers, but also in the back office…through apprenticeship training, success skills mentoring, ongoing safety training, innovation and automation in our shops, and by investing and implementing advanced IT solutions for design, estimating, project management, purchasing, payroll, billing and service.